Home | SPORTS | National Security to takeover investigations into deported ‘journalists’ case

National Security to takeover investigations into deported ‘journalists’ case

The Sports Ministry has referred the case involving the over 50 Ghanaians facing deportation in Australia for posing as journalists, to National Security for investigation.

The Ghanaian ‘journalists’ were flagged by Australian officials last week after failing to provide concrete evidence to back their claim that they were journalists, although they had the right accreditation to enter the country.

Deputy Sports Minister, Pius Hadzide on Thursday, revealed on the Citi Breakfast Show, that the Ministry had begun investigating the matter, and a statement signed by Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah, said National Security is investigating the case.

“The Ministry has officially requested the National Security to thoroughly investigate circumstances leading to the acquisition of visas by underserving persons who are in no way connected with the ongoing 21st Commonwealth Games in Australia,” a statement from the Ministry said.

The statement reads:

MALPRACTICES IN CONNECTION WITH GHANA’S PREPARATION IN THE 21ST COMMONWEALTH GAMES

MINISTRY OF YOUTH AND SPORTS REFERS MATTER TO NATIONAL SECURITY

The Ministry has officially requested the National Security to thoroughly investigate circumstances leading to the acquisition of visas by underserving persons who are in no way connected with the ongoing 21st Commonwealth Games in Australia.

This follows some inappropriate actions by some individuals which have led to some Ghanaians being denied the necessary courtesies when travelling to Australia in connection with the Commonwealth Games.

The Ministry believes the National Security has the capacity to unravel the truth surrounding the unpleasant situation Ghana finds herself among the comity of sporting nations.

—Signed— HON. ISAAC KWAME ASIAMAH MINISTER

 

citinewsroom.com

About Mynd FM

Check Also

Kenya reject chance to host 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations after Ghana axing

Kenya have turned down the chance to host the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *